CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
Eastbound 3500 South closed following fatal crash
Dec 16, 2022, 5:43 PM | Updated: Mar 28, 2023, 5:47 pm
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah — Traffic is being diverted away from eastbound 3500 South between 2200 and 2400 West following a fatal crash, near the I-215 on-ramp.
FATAL CRASH: officers are on scene at 3500 S approx 2400 W where a driver crashed into vehicle causing a chain reaction crash involving five vehicles total. The driver who caused the crash is deceased. Other parties have minor injuries. EB 3500 S closed 2200-2400W. Avoid area. pic.twitter.com/vXuhmeDMhV
— WVC Police (@WVCPD) December 17, 2022
West Valley City Police say one car crashed into another. This set off a chain reaction, involving five other cars in the crash.
The driver of the car that started the crash has died. Other parties have minor injuries.
This story is developing and will be updated.
- Woman charged in February fatal car crash in West Valley City
- Victim in fatal auto pedestrian crash was 11 years old, investigation continues
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- ‘They never gave up’: 39 incarcerated individuals graduate from South Park Academy
- Seven months into Adderall shortage, expert offers advice
- Severe thunderstorm warning issued for Weber, Box Elder, Davis, Tooele counties
- Getting to better conversations on race with Mia Love, acknowledgment is everything
- Suspect killed, Ogden police officer stable after officer-involved shooting
- Text messages reveal Utah lawmakers pressured UTA to pull Pride-wrapped bus out of parade
- Man urges pet owners to be cautious around rivers after Oliver the dog was swept away
- After recent tragic events, emergency personnel urge public to use caution
- Utah will loan first-time homebuyers $20,000 for new homes
- Two people killed in road rage crash near Eagle Mountain are identified