Wanted fugitive safely arrested by Salt Lake City Police SWAT
KEARNS, Utah — On December 16, Salt Lake City Police Department’s SWAT Team arrested a man with an outstanding warrant at the 4400 block of West Sun Drive in Kearns, Utah.
According to a press release from SLCPD, 34-year-old Donald Zephry Woehler had an outstanding warrant for a 2019 aggravated assault case.
Therefore, the Salt Lake City Police Department’s Robbery and Violent Crimes Squad requested help locating him. SLCPD detectives stepped in to help.
Detectives went to Woehler’s last known address and began to watch the home. While watching, Woehler left the home on a motorcycle in a reckless manner. SLCPD said in the release it appeared the reckless driving was a way for him to spot anyone following him.
Once Woehler returned to the residence, SLCPD’s Violent Criminal Apprehension Team attempted to communicate with him.
Due to the circumstances, SLCPD SWAT and Crisis Negotiators were called to the scene.
Detectives learned Woehler barricaded himself inside the home. However, he ultimately came out without further incident and was arrested.
Today’s Top Stories
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Weather causing delayed starts for several schools across Utah
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- Jordan High student killed in Sandy crosswalk by school bus
- Three vehicle crash in Sanpete County leaves one dead
- Utah leading a lawsuit against new ESG rule affecting 401(k) plans
- SLC restaurant “Manoli’s” nominated for James Beard Award
- Two Republicans voted against bill banning transgender-related surgery, here’s why
- Trump says he’s ‘more angry’ and ‘more committed’ to White…
- Engineer who refused to approve Challenger launch dies in Ogden