Skier found dead at Deer Valley ski resort
DEER VALLEY, Utah — A 75-year-old man was found dead at Deer Valley Resort on Tuesday. His cause of death has not been released.
Around 10:45 a.m. on Tuesday, Deer Valley ski patrol responded to a skier that collapsed while skiing.
The 75-year-old man was found on the Homeward Bound ski run where ski patrol provided a medical response and got the skier to an ambulance along with the help of Park City Fire District.
The man was pronounced dead in the ambulance just an hour later at around 11:45 a.m.
“We extend our deepest sympathy to the guest’s family. Thank you to our ski patrol and local emergency responders for your care and assistance,” wrote Deer Valley Ski Resort in a press release about the man’s death.
Today’s Top Stories
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Jordan High student killed in Sandy crosswalk by school bus
- Utah Senate passes transgender-related surgery ban for minors
- SLC restaurant “Manoli’s” nominated for James Beard Award
- Utah leading a lawsuit against new ESG rule affecting 401(k) plans
- Utah safety officials, NAACP, react to death of Tyre Nichols
- Two Republicans voted against bill banning transgender-related surgery, here’s why
- Speeches, silence, during Pro-Life Utah memorial at the Capitol
- Get Ready for Fun at the 2023 Bear Lake Monster Winterfest
- Memphis releases video showing police stop that led to Tyre Nichols’ death