High winds cause ski lift closures in Utah
SALT LAKE CITY — Ski lifts are closing or being put on hold due to high winds along the Wasatch Front.
Brighton Resort has closed the Great Western lift for the day and Park City Mountain Resort has put Orange Bubbles Express and Red Pine Gondola on hold.
Our Great Western lift is closed due to high winds for the day. pic.twitter.com/4huKDd3tF5
— Brighton Resort (@BrightonResort) December 27, 2022
The Orange Bubbles Express and Red Pine Gondola on HOLD for WIND. There is no lift access out of Canyons Village at this time. Park at Canyons and take transit to Mountain Village @PCski @ParkCityGovt
— ParkCityMtnAlert (@PCMtnAlert) December 27, 2022
Additionally, there is no lift access out of Canyons Village according to Park City, but detours are available.
While all lifts at Snowbird were on hold this morning, they have begun to reopen. As of now, Wilbere is currently on hold due to the wind and Chickadee and Baby Thunder are open.
Wilbere is currently on wind HOLD.
— Snowbird Alerts (@SnowbirdAlerts) December 27, 2022
Ski lift closures may continue to pop up in the coming days.
Related reading: Ski Utah announces this season’s best powder day yet
Today’s Top Stories
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Weather causing delayed starts for several schools across Utah
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- Jordan High student killed in Sandy crosswalk by school bus
- Three vehicle crash in Sanpete County leaves one dead
- Utah leading a lawsuit against new ESG rule affecting 401(k) plans
- SLC restaurant “Manoli’s” nominated for James Beard Award
- Two Republicans voted against bill banning transgender-related surgery, here’s why
- Trump says he’s ‘more angry’ and ‘more committed’ to White…
- Engineer who refused to approve Challenger launch dies in Ogden