Semi-truck slides off westbound I-80, is hit by train near mile marker 176
Jan 1, 2023, 6:47 PM | Updated: 7:00 pm
(Utah Highway Patrol)
PARK CITY, Utah — A semi-truck driver was hospitalized with minor injuries after his vehicle slid off westbound I-80 and was hit by a train near mile marker 176 on Sunday afternoon.
The Utah Highway Patrol said the semi-truck went off the roadway and stopped on the train tracks.
The truck was separated from its trailer by the impact, the UHP reported.
The driver was transported in stable condition according to the Park City Fire District.
This story will be updated.
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- El Nino has returned. What does that mean for Utah?
- New distribution center dedicated by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- SLC Council issues statement on UTA Pride bus being pulled from parade
- Man urges pet owners to be cautious around rivers after Oliver the dog was swept away
- Service animal removed from grocery store. Does the ADA allow that?
- Identities released of Hyrum couple found dead in their home
- Seven months into Adderall shortage, expert offers advice
- Romney: Trump brought charges upon himself, is innocent until proven guilty
- Utah man sues Alaska State Troopers, claims conditional job offer revoked over HIV status
- Two found dead after shooting at Cache County home