Wasatch County Search and Rescue assist snowmobilers on New Year’s Day
Jan 2, 2023, 5:30 PM
(Wasatch County SAR)
WASATCH COUNTY, Utah — Wasatch County Search and Rescue assisted four stranded snowmobilers Sunday.
According to Wasatch County officials, the incident began at around 3:30 p.m. Four snowmobilers had been stuck for several hours near the Strawberry River area.
The operation was completed in two and a half hours. The county did not report any injuries sustained by the group.
Wasatch County reports this to be the first SAR operation it has responded to this year.
- Heavy snow falls around northern Utah, prevents transportation
- Slick roads and snow leading to crash-filled drives on Sunday
- One person hospitalized following collision between snowplow and semi
- Before recreating consider snow totals, sold-out tickets and slippery roads
- Bill would prohibit motorists from passing snowplows
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints announces site of North Carolina Temple
- SLC Ballpark ‘Next Design’ competition winners announced
- KSL’s Doug Wright to host final movie show program, continues with long-time host Andy…
- Adult filmmakers ask judge to delay Utah law requiring user age verification
- Rattlesnakes are appearing on Utah trails, around homes later than normal
- Utah’s Logan River hits flood stage, more storms expected
- Candidates starting to line up as potential replacement for Rep. Stewart
- Congressman Chris Stewart announces resignation
- The streaming shift from BYUtv to ESPN
- AI used to detect guns and keep schools safe during shooting situations