Man arrested following stabbing early Sunday morning
MILLCREEK, Utah — A 36-year-old man was taken into custody early Sunday morning by Unified Police in connection to a stabbing at Barbary Coast Saloon.
According to the probable cause statement, the suspect, Jesse Alberto Sorensen, had been a customer throughout the evening. At one point, he was not allowed to order any more alcohol. The suspect became belligerent and was asked to leave the building.
A 42-year-old employee of the business escorted Sorensen out of the saloon. According to the probable cause statement, the two individuals got into a fight outside. Witnesses said they noticed a knife in the suspect’s hand. The witnesses also disarmed the suspect and held him until the police arrived.
After the fight, the victim told witnesses he had been stabbed in the abdomen. He was transported to an area hospital in critical condition.
Sorensen was booked into the Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of aggravated assault and intoxication.
- Last week’s Amber Alert triggered after stabbing incident
- Stabbing in Taylorsville sends one person to the hospital
- Counselors on hand at Layton High after off-campus stabbing
- Saskatchewan mass stabbing suspect underwent ‘medical distress’ and died after his arrest, police say
Today’s Top Stories
- Wildlife officials, troopers, maneuver large herd of elk away from I-80
- Suspects in custody, lockdown lifted after shots fired at Taylorsville High
- Pedestrian hit and killed by UTA Frontrunner
- Large sinkhole shuts down portion of westbound 1500 North in Lehi
- Teachers at West High School walkout in of protest H.B. 215
- Investigation of fatal accident at Provo airport includes witness statements
- Bystander finds dead body in Salt Lake foothills above Beck Street
- ChatGPT: Plagiarism super-tool for students or AI brainstorming generator?
- Get Ready for Fun at the 2023 Bear Lake Monster Winterfest
- Utah, Salt Lake leaders unveil new plans to improve the struggling Great Salt Lake