Prominent Park City man killed in snowmobile accident
Jan 2, 2023, 9:00 PM
WASATCH COUNTY, Utah — A prominent 55-year-old Park City resident died Monday in a snowmobile accident, according to the Wasatch County Sheriff’s Office.
In a Facebook post, authorities say Kenneth Block was riding on a steep slope in the Mill Hollow area. His snowmobile got upended and landed on top of him at around 2 p.m.
While he was with a group, Block was riding alone at the time of the incident. Authorities say that he was pronounced dead at the scene from injuries he had suffered in the incident. However, the State Examiner’s Office will determine the official cause of death.
“We are saddened to hear of the loss of Kenneth and our hearts are with his family and friends so deeply affected,” the Wasatch County Sheriff’s Office wrote in its Facebook posting of the snowmobile accident.
KSL TV’s Jeremiah Jensen had the opportunity to meet Block in 2019. Block had given Jensen a tour of the Woodward Park City facility.
I had a chance to spend time with Ken in 2019. He was a Park City resident and gave us a tour of the Woodward Park City facility. He was so kind and approachable you’d never know just how famous and accomplished he was. I’m heartbroken for his family and fans. https://t.co/VcGwtnsuNK
— Jeremiah Jensen (@JJSportsBeat) January 3, 2023
According to TMZ, Block was an action sports star and a rally car driving champion.
- Wasatch County Search and Rescue assist snowmobilers on New Year’s Day
- Avalanche safety should be on everyone’s mind says forecaster
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Two found dead after shooting at Cache County home
- Identities released of Hyrum couple found dead in their home
- Utah County Sheriff arrests driver accused in road rage deaths
- Seven months into Adderall shortage, expert offers advice
- Former Gov. Herbert on field of 2024 GOP presidential candidates
- Utah will loan first-time homebuyers $20,000 for new homes
- Man urges pet owners to be cautious around rivers after Oliver the dog was swept away
- Four Republicans on board to run for Utah’s 2nd Congressional District
- Severe thunderstorm warning issued for Weber, Box Elder, Davis, Tooele counties
- Lawmaker says Bible ban didn’t follow the law he helped create