CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
Man severely injured after his truck is struck by a train in Cache County
Jan 20, 2023, 8:00 PM
CACHE COUNTY, Utah — A Cache County was severely injured Thursday after the truck he was driving collided with a train.
An investigation by the Cache County Sheriff’s Office says the vehicle driven by Gary Riddle, was traveling east on 800 South in Trenton.
While specific details into the crash weren’t provided, the intersection where the incidence occurred has a yield sign for automobiles.
According to a news release, the train was pulling more than 100 cars, and was more than 9,000 feet long. The release also states the train weighed more than 30 million pounds. With full emergency braking, it took the train roughly a half mile to stop.
Riddle was transported to an area hospital in critical condition. No other injuries were reported.
The investigation into the Cache County train crash is still ongoing.
- Uber passenger killed after crash with TRAX train in downtown SLC
- Semi-truck slides off westbound I-80, is hit by train near mile marker 176
- Pedestrian injured after being struck by car that had just hit a TRAX train
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Congressman Chris Stewart announces resignation
- U of U Health, Regence insurance warn they may not reach a contract
- Rattlesnakes are appearing on Utah trails, around homes later than normal
- Woman barricades herself inside West Jordan home, then arrested
- Herriman couple ‘lucky to be alive’ after socket smashes windshield
- Citing rising rivers, Sandy Mayor issues emergency declaration
- Public comment period approved for quarry in Parley’s Canyon
- Lori Vallow Daybell shrugs after being handed docs about delivering up her kids, video shows
- Source: Congressman Chris Stewart will resign, special election dates not known
- Becky Edwards announces her intent to run to represent Utah’s 2nd Congressional District