Roy man killed wife and reported her death days later, police say
ROY, Utah — A Weber County Man is behind bars accused of shooting and killing his wife. According to police, the 69-year-old suspect confessed to the crime and waited a couple of days to report the death.
According to a probable cause statement, the Roy City Police Department and the Homicide Task Force responded to the scene on Jan 21.
Police located the body of a deceased female in the bedroom.
The suspect, Dave Meyer claimed his wife had been “asking him to end her life for awhile” because she had been in pain from a car accident for 11 years.
Meyer described rubbing his wife’s back on Jan. 17 when he spotted his 9 mm pistol. The suspect then shot his wife in the temple according to the probable cause statement.
Police arrested the suspect without incident.
If you or someone you know is in an abusive relationship there is help available here in Utah and nationwide.
YWCA’s Women in Jeopardy program: 801-537-8600
Utah statewide Domestic Violence Hotline: 800-897-LINK (5465) and udvc.org
24-hour Salt Lake victim advocate hotline: 801-580-7969
National Domestic Violence Hotline: 800-799-7233
If you or anyone you know is struggling with thoughts of suicide, contact the National Suicide Prevention Hotline (1-800-273-TALK) or the Huntsman Mental Health Institute (1-801-583-2500).
- Communities, leaders respond to family’s death to domestic violence in Enoch
- Domestic violence awareness with candlelight walk
Today’s Top Stories
- GoFundMe created for passing of two employees at Northrop Grumman
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Is illness or poor air quality causing that cough?
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- Park City man talks about watching Chinese balloon being shot down over his head in South Carolina
- AirMed responds to tubing accident in Peter Sinks, Logan
- Thousands of dead birds are washing ashore at the Great Salt Lake
- Backcountry skier dead after fatal fall in Little Cottonwood Canyon
- Utah hasn’t had this much snowfall since 2011, according to NWS