Three people injured in shooting at Salt Lake City hotel
SALT LAKE CITY — The Salt Lake City Police Department is investigating a shooting at a hotel early Tuesday morning that left two men critically injured. Police say both men are expected to survive.
According to a news release, police were notified of the shooting at a hotel located at 230 W. 500 South at 2:05 a.m.
Police say the shooting occurred during a birthday party with several people inside the hotel room. Additionally, police say there is no threat to the public.
A third individual, a 21-year-old female, suffered minor injuries in relation to the incident, according to the news release.
Once on scene, officers found a 24-year-old man in a wheelchair with a gunshot wound. After the officers rendered first aid, the victim was later transported by ambulance to an area hospital for treatment.
During the course of their investigation, officers learned that a 22-year-old man had also been shot. A relative of the victim had taken him to the hospital.
- Police investigating Sunday Ogden club shooting
- A 21-year-old man formally charged in fatal Ogden shooting
Today’s Top Stories
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Jordan High student killed in Sandy crosswalk by school bus
- Utah Senate passes transgender-related surgery ban for minors
- SLC restaurant “Manoli’s” nominated for James Beard Award
- Utah leading a lawsuit against new ESG rule affecting 401(k) plans
- Utah safety officials, NAACP, react to death of Tyre Nichols
- Two Republicans voted against bill banning transgender-related surgery, here’s why
- Speeches, silence, during Pro-Life Utah memorial at the Capitol
- Get Ready for Fun at the 2023 Bear Lake Monster Winterfest
- Three teens in custody after fight, shooting at Taylorsville High