OUTDOORS + RECREATION
Cottonwood Connect offers a new way to get up Cottonwood Canyons
SALT LAKE CITY — A new service called Cottonwood Connect could address parking problems at the ski resorts in Big and Little Cottonwood Canyons. And it comes just in time, as the amount of snowfall this year has added to traffic and parking issues.
The Cottonwood Connect ski shuttle can take riders to the Alta, Brighton, Snowbird, and Solitude ski resorts. But they must first reserve a seat, and those reservations are offered on a first come first served basis.
The goal is to fill the transportation gaps that cropped up when the Utah Transit Authority limited its ski bus service. The shuttle will run Thursday through Sunday, and on holidays, until April 16.
“‘Cottonwood Connect’ will benefit so many across the valley who want to use our canyons this winter,” said Salt Lake County Mayor Jenny Wilson in a press release. “Environmentally it’s another win for our community.”
The service will use a fleet of what are described as mini-coaches and large passenger vans. They will serve Midvale, Cottonwood Heights, and Sandy and will include stops at hotels and public park-and-ride lots.
A round-trip pass for the Cottonwood Connect will cost $10.
- Cottonwood canyons face major traffic congestion following start of ski season
- UDOT expands Cottonwood Canyon sticker program
- Gondola is the top choice for Little Cottonwood Canyon traffic fix
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah Rivers Council selling discounted rain barrels as effort toward water conservation
- Semi hits car on I-15 in Kaysville, one person taken to hospital
- Possible clothing thief at Brigham Young University
- 16-year-old dead, 2 other teens injured in fatal crash in Juab County
- D2 gets to the bottom of the impending arrest of former President Trump
- Bruce Willis’ wife Emma Heming marks his birthday with moving message about grief
- Shoplifting continues to grow nationally, facial recognition may help
- Open house for Richmond Virginia Temple begins this week
- Why a Trump indictment would have huge political and national implications
- Salt Lake City Police to host gun buy-back event on Saturday