Cold weather causes late start for Logan City School District Wednesday
LOGAN, Utah — Frigid temperatures in Northern Utah have forced the Logan City School District to run on a two-hour delayed start on Wednesday, Feb. 1.
An updated forecast by the National Weather Service says those in and around Logan could experience wind chills as low as negative 30 degrees. As such, all schools in the Logan City School District will be on a delayed start.
Bitter cold temperatures across the Bear River and Cache valleys. Temperatures won’t be as cold for these locations Tuesday night, but are still likely to drop below 0°F. Valley inversions will strengthen through later in the week. #utwx pic.twitter.com/GsK1YcA52o
— NWS Salt Lake City (@NWSSaltLakeCity) January 31, 2023
Logan City School District to start late
Mount Logan Middle School and Logan High School will run on a regular two-hour late start, according to a posting on the district’s Facebook page. Mount Logan Middle School will begin at 10:50 a.m. Logan High School will begin at 10 a.m.
With the exception of Hillcrest Elementary, all elementary schools will start at 10 a.m. Hillcrest Elementary will begin at 10:10 a.m. All buses in the district will run on the same schedule as Monday and Tuesday, according to the district.
Full-day kindergarten classes will still be held Wednesday with the same late start. Half-day kindergarten and preschool classes are canceled for Wednesday.
Lunch will be served at school, and breakfast will be provided as needed. Students will be released at the regular time.
The district says there were reports of cold classrooms, frozen pipes and power outages at some of the schools on Tuesday.
Cache County School District will also be on a late start
Late Tuesday night, the Cache County School District announced that it was also switching to a two-hour late start on Wednesday.
Due to winter conditions, all CCSD schools will have a two-hour late start tomorrow, February 1st. Check our website for more details. https://t.co/R7F7vMbbsg pic.twitter.com/EP76tDC7M5
— Cache County School District (@CacheDistrict) February 1, 2023
- Freezing weather causes delayed start for Cache County School District schools
- When it’s this cold, keep your pipes from freezing. Here’s how.
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Body found at 600N, I-15 Southbound
- KSL EXCLUSIVE: “It’s been a punch to the gut,” Woods Cross mom of boy…
- Clearfield power and traffic alert
- Robbery at swap meet leaves one victim shaken up
- Full interlodge in effect for Alta and Snowbird ski area
- Woods Cross man charged for allegedly secretly recording others in bathroom
- Salt Lake carjacking suspect dead, investigation continues
- What you can do about snow mold in your lawn
- Winter-like temperatures sticking around
- Not everyone is a fan of Utah’s new state flag