CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
WEST VALLEY, Utah — On Jan. 31, 2023, a missing Arizona girl was found and rescued from the basement of a registered sex offender.
Jordan Sorenson, who was first convicted in June 2020 of first-degree felony aggravated sexual extortion of an adult has been on probation.
According to the Utah Department of Corrections, they received word of the missing girl and her potential connection to Sorenson.
Later, Sorenson was picked up at his work and taken back to his West Valley home where agents began their search. The girl was located in the basement.
Dan Blanchard, director of Adult Probation and Parole attributes the teams’ success to their quick response time.
“This is one of the many roles our agents take every day to help keep our communities safe. We are very grateful for the response and professionalism of these officers. Agents act on a number of tips every day, and in this situation they helped to locate this girl,” said Blanchard in a press release.
The missing girl is now in the care of a victim’s advocate from the Attorney General’s office.
In addition to probation violations for Sorenson, there is an ongoing investigation of new criminal charges with the Attorney General’s human trafficking unit.
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- Bill would require parental permission for Utah teens to use social media
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Woods Cross man charged for allegedly secretly recording others in bathroom
- The Salt Lake Temple renovation has a new completion date
- Man arrested for suspicion of arson in Orem house fire
- Median price of a home declines for first time in a decade, what it means for Utah
- Gwyneth Paltrow ski crash trial begins in Park City, lawyer calls it “B.S.”
- USU grad files lawsuit against university for racist caricature
- Deer Valley yurt explosion, four sent to hospital
- Should the Bible be banned from school libraries?
- Utah Board of Education says full-day kindergarten benefits students’ futures
- Utah AG claims ESG or ‘climate investing’ contributed to SVB collapse