SCIENCE + TECHNOLOGY
#TwitterDown trends earlier as users experienced difficulties posting
SALT LAKE CITY — Twitter users across the globe seemed to be experiencing issues with the social media platform earlier this afternoon.
Users were encountering an error that claims they’d reached their daily limit of tweets.
The official Twitter support account tweeted at 4:27 p.m. that the platform was looking into the issue.
Twitter may not be working as expected for some of you. Sorry for the trouble. We’re aware and working to get this fixed.
— Twitter Support (@TwitterSupport) February 8, 2023
Near the beginning of the Twitter outage, KSL NewsRadio attempted tweeting to test the error, and received a code saying we were “over the daily limit for sending Tweets.”
KSL NewsRadio was able to post normally again just after 4:00 p.m.
A look at Twitter’s limit guidelines shows that the daily limit for tweets is 2,400 tweets. KSL NewsRadio had not reached that number of tweets for the day at the time of the error. Other users also reported the same issue.
Downdetector, a site that reports website outages shows that outages across Twitter, Instagram and Facebook were being reported Wednesday afternoon.
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Multiple Utah schools received fake reports of school shooting, officials say
- Additional sex charges filed against Utah businessman; more victims possible
- Gwyneth Paltrow’s ski collision trial continues with defense
- US-89 in Logan Canyon closed due to fatal accident
- Alpine School District exploring potential closure of 5 elementary schools
- Elk herd returns to SLC golf course after multiple relocation attempts
- Provo Canyon closing intermittently to mitigate rock slides
- Prison sentence reduced for ‘Real Housewives of SLC’ star Jen Shah
- Seven Canyons Fountain will be ‘reimagined’ into dry art feature
- Five-planet alignment may be visible in Tuesday night’s sky