CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
SLCPD investigating fatal auto and pedestrian crash Tuesday night.
SALT LAKE CITY — The Salt Lake City Police Department is investigating a fatal auto and pedestrian crash Tuesday night.
According to a press release, the incident occurred near 685 N. Redwood Road at around 7:12 p.m.
Based on preliminary information, detectives believe a 55-year-old man was using a crosswalk on 700 North. He was heading westbound.
The press release states the man was crossing “against the light” when he was struck by a driver traveling southbound on Redwood Road.
The Salt Lake City Fire Department responded to the incident. Upon the department’s arrival, authorities found the man deceased in the roadway. Following this, SLCPD secured the intersection and talked to witnesses.
The driver of the car remained on the scene and has been cooperative with police, according to the press release.
According to the press release, the on-duty watch commander requested the help of the Crash Analysis Reconstruction Team and SLCPD Crime Lab technicians.
This is the third traffic-related fatality in Salt Lake City since the beginning of 2023.
- Police investigating fatal auto-pedestrian crash in Salt Lake City
- Investigation of fatal accident at Provo airport includes witness statements
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Elk herd returns to SLC golf course after multiple relocation attempts
- A third person has died after a multi-car crash in Box Elder
- Nashville school shooter had drawn maps, done surveillance
- Lake effect snow causes school delays, remote learning in northern Utah
- Man suing Gwyneth Paltrow for $300,000+ to testify in Utah ski crash trial
- Wrong way driver leads to fatal crash in Weber County
- One person trapped following avalanche in Pole Canyon
- Monday morning commute could be affected by additional inches of snow
- Salt Lake County Animal Services looking for a home for Amy Swinehouse
- Sandy Police officer involved in fatal shooting