CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
Body found in Tooele County on westbound I-80 near milepost 93
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Highway Patrol is investigating the discovery of a body found Wednesday afternoon on westbound I-80.
According to Lt. Nick Swallow, of the UHP, a citizen called to report they saw something off the side of westbound I-80, between the Grantsville and Midvalley Highway exits.
Upon further investigation by a UHP trooper, a body was found in sagebrush.
The UHP says the deceased individual is a middle-aged male. Swallow says it was found 26 feet off of the highway in sagebrush.
A law enforcement crime lab has responded to the scene. Swallow says the death was not from a crash. Additionally, he’s unsure if foul play was involved, but the investigation is ongoing.
This is a developing story.
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- 16-year-old dead, 2 other teens injured in fatal crash in Juab County
- Why a Trump indictment would have huge political and national implications
- Bruce Willis’ wife Emma Heming marks his birthday with moving message about grief
- Possible clothing thief at Brigham Young University
- UDOT truck veers into Big Cottonwood Canyon canal, no water contamination suspected
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints says it plans more Great Salt Lake, water…
- Semi hits car on I-15 in Kaysville, one person taken to hospital
- Utah Rivers Council selling discounted rain barrels as effort toward water conservation
- Suspect dead, officer injured after shootout in Springville
- TSA digital ID process lets travelers use app to get through security