CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
Body found in Washington County identified
WASHINGTON COUNTY, Utah — Authorities identified the body discovered in Washington County on Oct. 10 as 36-year-old Ivins resident, Lewis Russell.
According to a statement released by the Washington County Sheriff’s Office, officers were initially called to investigate a possible burglary of a construction company. Employees of the construction company called to report a break-in and a stolen vehicle.
As deputies responded to the scene, other employees had reported finding the stolen truck near the pump house by the entrance onto Anasazi Road. As the employees
approached the truck, they discovered Russell on the ground and alerted authorities.
Detectives discovered several other vehicles at the construction yard had been rummaged through. However, the truck found next to Russell’s body was the only stolen vehicle.
Police are still investigating if Russell was solely responsible for the burglary and vehicle theft and if anyone was with him at the time of his death. According to detectives, Russell was last seen by his family Thursday night.
The Washington County Sheriff’s Office is asking anyone with information on Russell’s whereabouts over the weekend, or who he may have been with, to call 435-634-5730.
The investigation is ongoing.
- Washington County Sheriff’s Office makes drug bust during traffic stop
- Body of missing Arizona hiker found in the Virgin River
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Body found at 600N, I-15 Southbound
- Utah’s COVID-19 transmissions slowed but still present
- KSL EXCLUSIVE: “It’s been a punch to the gut,” Woods Cross mom of boy…
- Clearfield power and traffic alert
- Robbery at swap meet leaves one victim shaken up
- Full interlodge in effect for Alta and Snowbird ski area
- Woods Cross man charged for allegedly secretly recording others in bathroom
- Not everyone is a fan of Utah’s new state flag
- Winter-like temperatures sticking around
- Salt Lake carjacking suspect dead, investigation continues