Washington County authorities investigating the discovery of a body
WASHINGTON COUNTY, Utah — Authorities in Washington County are investigating the discovery of the body of a 36-year-old man early Monday morning.
According to a news release, as deputies with the Washington County Sheriff’s Office were responding to a possible burglary of a construction yard, employees of the company found the body along with stolen property near the yard. The reported burglary occurred south of Ivins off of Anasazi Road.
According to the news release, the victim was discovered laying on the ground under suspicious conditions. The victim was already deceased.
During the preliminary investigation, authorities determined there was no danger to the public. The body has been sent to the State Medical Examiner’s Office to determine a cause of death.
The investigation is ongoing. Authorities are following up on leads as they get them, according to the news release.
If you have information, you are asked to contact the Washington County Sheriff’s Office at 435-634-5730.
- Body discovered at Arches National Park is identified
- Body of a Midvale man found in Flaming Gorge late Saturday night
- Fatal car crash closes southbound I-15 in Washington County
- Washington County authorities investigating shooting of seven cows
Today’s Top Stories
- Man crashes into Ogden Taco Bell drive-thru window
- Trash can on fire at home in the Cottonwoods, safely extinguished
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Crash on I-15 in Draper leaves one dead
- Frontier Airlines no longer has a customer service phone line
- American Red Cross of Utah seeks volunteers in central Utah
- Six new Latter-day Saint missions to launch in 2023
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- Clearfield Police identify victims in Wednesday’s double homicide
- Fugitive taken into custody following SWAT stand-off in Taylorsville