Body of a Midvale man found in Flaming Gorge late Saturday night
DAGGETT COUNTY, Utah — The body of a man was discovered in Flaming Gorge at around 11 p.m. on Saturday.
Daggett County Sheriff Erik Bailey says the man is a white male in his mid-30s from Midvale.
In addition to this, Bailey says the body was recovered with the assistance of the state park’s remotely operated vehicle, which dives deeper than divers can. The body was found in the lake at a depth of 153 feet.
It has been sent to the medical examiner’s office to determine an official cause of death.
The man’s identity has not been released at this time.
This is a developing story and will be updated.
- Swimmer dies in accident at Flaming Gorge Reservoir
- Utah man identified in Idaho drowning death
- Man dead after drowning at Deer Creek Reservoir
- Body of missing Arizona hiker found in the Virgin River
- UPDATE: Body of missing man recovered at Rockport Reservoir
Today’s Top Stories
- Controversial homecoming dress code ends in protest
- Name change coming to Intermountain Healthcare next year
- The plan to build an inland port/commerce hub is on hold
- Ian makes landfall in southwest Florida as Category 4 storm
- Salt Lake County Dems call for immediate resignation of Sen. Gene Davis
- So. Salt Lake Police identify victim in officer-involved shooting
- Hurricane Ian knocked out power to all of Cuba, Florida officials urge evacuations
- Fatal crash near Strawberry Reservoir closes SR-40
- New poll suggests voters don’t wan’t to see Biden or Trump on the ballot
- US Embassy warns Americans to leave Russia