Body of a Midvale man found in Flaming Gorge late Saturday night
Sep 11, 2022, 2:56 PM
DAGGETT COUNTY, Utah — The body of a man was discovered in Flaming Gorge at around 11 p.m. on Saturday.
Daggett County Sheriff Erik Bailey says the man is a white male in his mid-30s from Midvale.
In addition to this, Bailey says the body was recovered with the assistance of the state park’s remotely operated vehicle, which dives deeper than divers can. The body was found in the lake at a depth of 153 feet.
It has been sent to the medical examiner’s office to determine an official cause of death.
The man’s identity has not been released at this time.
This is a developing story and will be updated.
- Swimmer dies in accident at Flaming Gorge Reservoir
- Utah man identified in Idaho drowning death
- Man dead after drowning at Deer Creek Reservoir
- Body of missing Arizona hiker found in the Virgin River
- UPDATE: Body of missing man recovered at Rockport Reservoir
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Video: Sugar House man notices sinkhole of “unknown depth” in front yard, at a…
- Pilot crashes small plane in southern Utah after buying it from Nevada, officials say
- Rattlesnakes are appearing on Utah trails, around homes later than normal
- Why are hikers dying in Buckskin Gulch?
- Would you take a new rail line from SLC to Las Vegas, Boise or LA?
- How To Plan a Business Retreat in Bear Lake This Spring
- #BACONTOPAYSON: Payson High students pushing to get Kevin Bacon to prom
- Lori Vallow Daybell shrugs after being handed docs about delivering up her kids, video shows
- Man killed in West Valley crash was visiting elderly neighbor
- Popular trail bridge at Zion National Park closes