UPDATE: Body of missing man recovered at Rockport Reservoir
SUMMIT COUNTY, Utah — Police in Summit County Police have confirmed the man missing at Rockport Reservoir has died.
Summit County Utah Search and Rescue found the body of 39-year-old Matthew Britton which was located under the water late last night.
According to the Summit County Sheriff’s Office, the body was located with a coordinated effort with Wasatch County Search & Rescue’s sonar technology and Summit County Search and Rescue’s ROV (remotely operated vehicle). Britton was located underwater approximately 150-200 yards from the shoreline.
ROCKPORT DROWNING – On July 21 just before 11:00pm, SAR teams located the body of 39yo Taylorsville resident, Matthew Britton. Sonar and ROV technology was used to find Matthew underwater. We grieve with the Britton family. #drowning #summitcounty #utahstateparks pic.twitter.com/zdHop5koPV
— Sheriff Justin (@SummitCountySO) July 22, 2022
Britton went missing while paddle boarding with his dog on Thursday. The dog was able to paddle to shore.
Today’s Top Stories
- Two people dead in Taylorsville after shooting
- Quantum computing of “great concern” to Rep. Chris Stewart, here’s why
- New fire ignites in Spring Canyon in Carbon County
- What the bishops knew: Church releases details, timeline about Arizona sex abuse case
- Unified Police looking for missing teen from Holladay
- Lawmakers embrace hackers in Vegas as 2020 election looms
- Monkeypox may be added to wastewater monitoring in near future
- Cottonwood Heights Police officers spend own money to help homeless woman
- Friends and climbers mourn a Utah man who died on Mt. Everest
- Rand Paul awarded more than $580K after neighbor’s attack