UPDATE: Body of missing man recovered at Rockport Reservoir
SUMMIT COUNTY, Utah — Police in Summit County Police have confirmed the man missing at Rockport Reservoir has died.
Summit County Utah Search and Rescue found the body of 39-year-old Matthew Britton which was located under the water late last night.
According to the Summit County Sheriff’s Office, the body was located with a coordinated effort with Wasatch County Search & Rescue’s sonar technology and Summit County Search and Rescue’s ROV (remotely operated vehicle). Britton was located underwater approximately 150-200 yards from the shoreline.
ROCKPORT DROWNING – On July 21 just before 11:00pm, SAR teams located the body of 39yo Taylorsville resident, Matthew Britton. Sonar and ROV technology was used to find Matthew underwater. We grieve with the Britton family. #drowning #summitcounty #utahstateparks pic.twitter.com/zdHop5koPV
— Sheriff Justin (@SummitCountySO) July 22, 2022
Britton went missing while paddle boarding with his dog on Thursday. The dog was able to paddle to shore.
Today’s Top Stories
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- Potential redesign of new Utah State Flag emphasizes Native American tribes
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- When it’s this cold, keep your pipes from freezing. Here’s how.
- Cold weather causes late start for Logan City School District Wednesday
- Monday morning’s cold temperatures nearly set new records
- Correctional officer assaulted at Utah State Correctional Facility
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- Used car prices dropping but supply still low
- The road home is in need of donations and volunteers this winter