RACE, RELIGION + SOCIAL JUSTICE
Church announces open house dates for Moses Lake Washington Temple
SALT LAKE CITY — The First Presidency of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announced Monday the open house and dedication dates for the Moses Lake Washington Temple. Additionally, church leaders also announced the location of the Cody Wyoming Temple.
The open house for the Moses Lake Washington Temple will be Aug. 4-19 with the exception of Sundays. The temple will then be dedicated on Sunday, Sept. 17 in sessions at 10 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. The dedication will be presided over by Elder Quentin L. Cook, of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles.
Moses Lake Washington Temple
Prior to the open house, a media day will be held on July 31. Furthermore, invited guests will take a tour of the temple Aug. 1-3.
According to a church news release, the temple will be a single-story structure that will be constructed on 17 acres of land along Yonezawa Boulevard. Additionally, a new meeting house, roughly 17,000 square feet, has been built along side the temple.
President Russell M. Nelson announced the temple in April 2019. Construction on the temple began in October 2020. According to the news release, the temple will be the fourth in Washington, joining Richland, Seattle and Spokane.
Cody Wyoming Temple
The church announced this temple will be built on the northwest side of Skyline Drive at Cody Canal. According to the news release, the Cody Wyoming Temple will be a single-story structure of roughly 9,950 square feet.
The temple was first announced in October 2021 by President Nelson. It will be Wyoming’s third temple. The Star Valley Temple has been in operation since 2016, and the Casper Wyoming Temple is currently under construction.
Bonneville International Corporation, the company that owns KSL NewsRadio, is a subsidiary of Deseret Management Corporation, which is owned by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
- Church announces groundbreaking date for Montpelier Idaho Temple
- Church settles case with SEC over financial reporting
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Elk herd returns to SLC golf course after multiple relocation attempts
- A third person has died after a multi-car crash in Box Elder
- Nashville school shooter had drawn maps, done surveillance
- Lake effect snow causes school delays, remote learning in northern Utah
- Man suing Gwyneth Paltrow for $300,000+ to testify in Utah ski crash trial
- Wrong way driver leads to fatal crash in Weber County
- Monday morning commute could be affected by additional inches of snow
- Salt Lake County Animal Services looking for a home for Amy Swinehouse
- Sandy Police officer involved in fatal shooting
- What vital signs will show us that the Great Salt Lake is improving?