BUSINESS + ECONOMY
The Fed lifts rates by a quarter point as banking turmoil complicates inflation fight
Mar 22, 2023, 12:09 PM
(Drew Angerer/Getty Images)
(CNN) — The Federal Reserve raised interest rates by a quarter point on Wednesday as it attempts to fight stubbornly high inflation while addressing risks to financial stability.
Investors and economists had widely anticipated the quarter-point increase — or even a pause — amid the meltdown in the banking sector.
This story is developing and will be updated.
™ & © 2023 Cable News Network, Inc., a Warner Bros. Discovery Company. All rights reserved.
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Pride-wrapped UTA bus pulled from downtown Pride Parade
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints announces site of North Carolina Temple
- Parts of Utah experienced a severe thunderstorm, Pride Festival back on
- Landspout forms over Salt Lake County. Here’s how that differs from a tornado
- A congressional resignation, hurry sickness and the need for respectful restraint
- China’s soured milk and its impact on Utah’s dairy farmers
- Two men electrocuted while cutting a tree in West Jordan
- Following complaint against Bible in schools, Book of Mormon receives complaint for…
- Wildlife officials trying to trap bear after it approached a tent above Bountiful
- Record Utah winter makes up for years-long water shortfall