Wrong way driver leads to fatal crash in Weber County
Mar 26, 2023, 12:20 PM | Updated: Mar 27, 2023, 2:40 pm
(Utah Department of Public Safety)
Editor’s note: The names previously listed in an earlier version of this story were not the correct names. The names of the victims in this crash have not been released by authorities.
WEBER COUNTY, Utah — Two people died after a crash in Weber County on Sunday.
According to a press release from the Utah Department of Public Safety, someone reported that a driver was traveling northbound in the southbound lanes of I-15 in the Riverdale area around 2:56 a.m.
The wrong-way car crashed head-on with a fully loaded semi-truck at 400 North, resulting in both vehicles catching fire.
Authorities declared the driver and passenger of the wrong-way car dead. The driver and passenger of the semi-truck were able to escape the cab of the truck.
Firefighters worked on the blaze for a couple of hours.
The crash closed the freeway in both directions from 2700 North in Pleasant View to 400 North in Marriott-Slaterville.
Emergency responders transported the driver and passenger of the semi to get treatment for non-life-threatening injuries.
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints announces site of North Carolina Temple
- China’s soured milk and its impact on Utah’s dairy farmers
- May’s warm temperatures break record in Salt Lake City
- Number of spring thunderstorms considered normal for Utah
- The streaming shift from BYUtv to ESPN
- Davis schools remove Bible from certain school shelves
- Landspout forms over Salt Lake County. Here’s how that differs from a tornado
- KSL’s Doug Wright to host final movie show program, continues with long-time host Andy…
- Ballpark Next competition ends, ‘She Plays Here’ design among the winners
- Candidates starting to line up as potential replacement for Rep. Stewart