CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
Spanish Fork fire destroys twin home, human remains found
Mar 28, 2023, 6:00 PM | Updated: Mar 29, 2023, 6:10 pm
(Mapleton City Fire Department)
SPANISH FORK, Utah — Emergency services found possible human remains of a woman who was unaccounted for after a fire destroyed a twin home in Spanish Fork.
Firefighters were called to a twin home near 2970 East Somerset Village Way in Spanish Fork around 6:30 yesterday morning.
When emergency services arrived one of the twin homes was completely engulfed.
“Upon arrival crews noticed one of the twin home units fully engulfed in flames and began firefighting operations. They went into the second home, the attached home, and cleared that home of its occupants,” said Nick Porter, a public information officer for Spanish Fork Fire and EMS.
Officials with the Spanish Fork Police Department said a woman, the homeowner of both sides, most likely died in the fire.
Possible remains were located around 3:45 p.m. today.
The Utah State Medical Examiner was notified and will work to identify the victim of the house fire.
Authorities said the twin home is a total loss.
- Search and rescue team recover body of snowmobiler killed in avalanche
- Van bridge in place after S-Line loses power
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints announces site of North Carolina Temple
- Pride-wrapped UTA bus pulled from downtown Pride Parade
- Parts of Utah experienced a severe thunderstorm, Pride Festival back on
- China’s soured milk and its impact on Utah’s dairy farmers
- Two men electrocuted while cutting a tree in West Jordan
- A congressional resignation, hurry sickness and the need for respectful restraint
- Two injured when semi-truck crashes through garages of complex, hits propane tank
- Following complaint against Bible in schools, Book of Mormon receives complaint for…
- Landspout forms over Salt Lake County. Here’s how that differs from a tornado
- Wildlife officials trying to trap bear after it approached a tent above Bountiful