SALT LAKE CITY
Fire at Avenues apartment contained, no injuries reported
Apr 11, 2023, 4:02 PM | Updated: 4:29 pm
SALT LAKE CITY — A fire at an apartment in the Avenues neighborhood of Salt Lake City has been contained. Fire authorities say they were able to save the apartment from being a total loss.
The fire started near A Street between 1st and 2nd Avenue around 1 p.m. Tuesday.
The Salt Lake City Fire Department responded and had the fire under control by 2:30 p.m. SLCFD said its crews were able to save the apartment from being a loss and that no one was injured.
Darin Brooks caught several videos of the fire.
🚨 3 alarm fire in Salt Lake City this afternoon. @slcfire @slcpd @ksldesk @abc4utah @KUTV2News @fox13 @KSL5TV #fire pic.twitter.com/hWoIM4Sumv
— Darin Brooks ❄ (@UtahWxMan) April 11, 2023
The section of A Street between 1st and 2nd Avenue was affected by the fire and the SLCFD’s response.
Related: Sandbags and water conservation are both needed in Utah right now
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- SLC Ballpark ‘Next Design’ competition winners announced
- Becky Edwards announces her intent to run to represent Utah’s 2nd Congressional District
- Congressman Chris Stewart announces resignation
- U of U Health, Regence insurance warn they may not reach a contract
- Woman barricades herself inside West Jordan home, then arrested
- Lori Vallow Daybell shrugs after being handed docs about delivering up her kids, video shows
- Here’s how Utah’s 4 congressmen voted on the debt ceiling bill
- Sen. Lee says he will vote no on debt ceiling agreement
- Candidates starting to line up as potential replacement for Rep. Stewart
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints announces site of North Carolina Temple