VALLOW DAYBELL CASE
“They’re gone, and you knew,” phone call between Lori Vallow Daybell and son Colby Ryan
Apr 19, 2023, 10:07 AM | Updated: 12:00 pm
BOISE, Idaho — Testimony continues Wednesday in the murder trial of Lori Vallow Daybell. Family members of Lori Vallow Daybell played a big role in yesterday’s hearing.
Vallow Daybell’s only surviving son Colby Ryan took the stand and the prosecution, for the first time, played a gut-wrenching phone call between him and Vallow Daybell while she was in jail after her kid’s bodies were found on her husband’s property.
This was probably one of the first times Ryan was able to confront his mom directly since JJ Vallow and Tylee Ryan went missing.
“To know that they’re gone, and you knew. And my phone is being texted by my little sister who’s not even alive,” Ryan is heard saying.
In the call, Ryan accused Vallow Daybell of murdering his younger siblings saying, “They were murdered, put in the ground and then you walked away.”
“No you don’t know that, no that is not what happened,” Vallow Daybell responded.
The call continued with Ryan begging his mom for the truth.
Testimony continues Wednesday.
More on the trial of Lori Vallow Daybell:
- Sister-in-law of Lori Vallow Daybell recalls events leading up to deaths and disappearances
- Close friend of Lori Vallow Daybell describes relationship with Chad Daybell, JJ’s final days
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Video: Sugar House man notices sinkhole of “unknown depth” in front yard, at a…
- #BACONTOPAYSON: Payson High students pushing to get Kevin Bacon to prom
- Lake Powell bounces back from record-low water levels
- Car leaves roadway in North Ogden, crashes onto residential property
- Popular trail bridge at Zion National Park closes
- Utah Highway Patrol warns of scam callers pretending to be troopers
- Man killed in West Valley crash was visiting elderly neighbor
- Would you take a new rail line from SLC to Las Vegas, Boise or LA?
- Why are hikers dying in Buckskin Gulch?
- Lori Daybell’s defense team files for new murder trial