Man nearly drowns at Gunlock Falls
Jun 4, 2023, 3:00 PM
(Bob Grove/Road Trippin with Bob and Mark)
WASHINGTON COUNTY, Utah — A middle-aged man nearly drowned Sunday at Gunlock Falls.
According to Deputy Jacob Paul with the Washington County Sheriff’s Office, the man jumped into the water at Gunlock Falls and didn’t come back up, prompting those around him to contact authorities.
“They did end up finding him and pulling him out,” Paul says. “He wasn’t breathing at the time they pulled him out.”
Following this, Paul says, a citizen on the scene performed CPR on the man and got him breathing again. However, the man was still unconscious.
He was flown to a hospital via LifeFlight. According to Paul, as far as the Washington County Sheriff’s Office knows the man is still alive.
- 647 people drown each day. Here’s how to avoid being one of them
- Sandy police and fire respond to near drowning of infant
- Two autistic brothers with ties to Utah drown off Hawaii coast
- Remains of Miriam Salgado found by hiker in Washington County
- Sideswiping leads to rollover crash in Washington County