SLCPD investigating shooting that sent one to hospital
Jun 22, 2023, 8:00 PM
(Salt Lake City Police Department)
SALT LAKE CITY — The Salt Lake City Police Department is investigating a shooting that injured a 29-year-old man Thursday afternoon.
We are investigating a shooting near 900 South Montgomery Street.
One person is injured.
Please avoid the area.
— Salt Lake City Police (@slcpd) June 22, 2023
According to a SLCPD press release, the incident took place near 900 S. Montgomery St. at around 3:30 p.m.
SLCPD, SLCPD Violent Criminal Apprehension Team and the SLCPD Pioneer Division Bike Squad all responded to the scene. Upon the officer’s arrival, they found a man with a gunshot wound. Medical aid was provided immediately, according to the press release. Following this, paramedics took the man to a local hospital in serious condition.
Preliminary investigation shows the victim and suspect got into an argument that led to the shooting, according to the press release.
According to SLCPD, the suspect fled the scene before its arrival. Police are still searching for the suspect.
At this time, police believe this to be an isolated incident.
SLCPD asks anyone with information about this case to call 801-799-3000.
This story is developing and will be updated as more information is made available.
- Arrest made in shooting on I-15 near Layton earlier this month
- Utah police carefully monitoring Juneteenth events in the wake of other U.S. shootings
- At least 1 juvenile killed and 9 others injured in an overnight mass shooting in St. Louis
- Spanish Fork daycare shooting victim ‘recovering well,’ suspect faces reckless endangerment allegations
- Suspect dead in an officer-involved shooting in Ogden