Identity released in double-fatal accident near Enoch
Sep 8, 2023, 8:30 PM
(Utah Highway Patrol)
ENOCH, Utah — The identity of the driver of a white Ford Econoline van that was involved in a double-fatal accident earlier this week has been identified.
The Utah Department of Public Safety says 46-year-old Jason Fint, of Milford, was driving the van northbound on SR-130 near milepost 13 Tuesday night near Enoch. The incident occurred at 9:41 p.m.
According to a news release, the van drifted into an oncoming southbound lane of traffic. It sideswiped a farm implement that was being towed by a tractor.
While still in the southbound lane, the van struck a truck that was traveling behind the tractor. The van then rolled onto its side and came to a rest on the shoulder of the road. According to the release, Fint and a 16-year-old passenger suffered fatal injuries.
The highway was closed for several hours for the investigation and cleanup of the double-fatal crash north of Enoch. Traffic was rerouted to secondary roads during the investigation.
- Utah has the second highest rate of speed-related fatal crashes
- Fatal crash closes ramp to US 89 from northbound I-15
- UHP urging drivers to be more focused after fatal crash near Farr West
- Fatal crash closes SR-6 north of Helper, investigation ongoing
- Three injured when SUV crashes into Provo apartment building