Police searching for car connected to over $10,000 of property damage
Nov 17, 2023, 10:00 PM
SALT LAKE CITY — The Salt Lake City Police Department is looking for a car it believes to be involved in more than $10,000 of property damage.
SLCPD is looking for the above car. According to a press release, police began investigating at approximately 6:16 a.m. Friday, Nov. 17, 2023. A community member called and reported their car window had been shot out. This happened in the area of 700 North East Capital Blvd.
As they investigated, police found several other cars in the area with their windows broken. According to the press release, it seems the windows were shot with a BB gun.
At various times throughout the day, police received reports from many businesses in downtown Salt Lake City that had their windows shot out. Following this, police identified the above car through surveillance from one of the businesses.
According to police, the total number of reports of vandalism is not known at this time.
Police are encouraging anyone with information related to the investigation to call 801-799-3000.
- Former lecturer sentenced for terrorist threat against SUU and Cedar City
- Three Utahns face federal charges for stealing luggage at SLC International Airport
- Vandalism at Utah Pride Center, police ask for public’s help
- Police: Man shot, killed by officers after shooting gun in street, entering Magna home
- Father arrested after allegedly killing sons in DUI crash