Video: AI Scams: The newest way to con
May 16, 2023, 4:19 PM
Phony car accidents, fake kidnappings… AI (artificial intelligence) may make phone scams so sophisticated you could be convinced they’re real.
Technology that can replicate a voice can send someone into a panic, making it the perfect tool for scammers to use.
Dave & Dujanovic discuss recent stories about AI scams and explore ways to avoid becoming a victim.
This segment originally aired on May 9, 2023.
More on AI scams: https://bit.ly/3pFXkwV
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Congressman Chris Stewart announces resignation
- U of U Health, Regence insurance warn they may not reach a contract
- Rattlesnakes are appearing on Utah trails, around homes later than normal
- Herriman couple ‘lucky to be alive’ after socket smashes windshield
- Public comment period approved for quarry in Parley’s Canyon
- Citing rising rivers, Sandy Mayor issues emergency declaration
- Source: Congressman Chris Stewart will resign, special election dates not known
- Lori Vallow Daybell shrugs after being handed docs about delivering up her kids, video shows
- Warning signs posted after kneeboarder seen on swift runoff
- Debt-ceiling deal would require people work longer for SNAP benefits