Utes running back Zack Moss announces return next season
SALT LAKE CITY – University of Utah fans may be rejoicing today as junior running back Zack Moss announced Monday he will be returning for his senior season.
“My time as a Ute has been nothing short of spectacular,” Moss said in a tweet. “Just a kid from the inner cities of Miami, you gave him the opportunity to live out his dreams. I am forever grateful for that. I’ll be returning to the University of Utah for my senior season.
Time to cement my name. Let’s do the damn thing 🙏🏿 pic.twitter.com/ZqJTfGHegP
— ❌ (@PresMoss2) January 7, 2019
The team’s star running back started in nine games for the Utes. In those contests he rushed for a total of 1,096 yards (121.78 yards per game). He also ran in 11 touchdowns and played an integral role for the Utes offense.
Moss, from Florida, went down with a knee injury at the beginning of November and played last at Arizona State when starting quarterback Tyler Huntley also went down with a should injury.
Some speculated that Moss would declare for the NFL draft as he was garnering some interest. In the end, he decided to go his final year with the University of Utah.
“I want to stay in school and finish my degree. I’ll be the first person in my family to get my degree and that is important to both my mom and to me,” Moss said in a statement. “I also want to be a part of our team goals for next year and graduate with Demari (Simpkins) and Tyler.”
Moss went to Hallandale High School with Simpkins and Huntley in Florida. With most of the offense returning, the Utes will be favorites to win another Pac-12 South division title.
Utah also announced Monday Leki Fotu, Bradlee Anae, and Julian Blackmon will all return for their senior season as well.
Today’s Top Stories
- GoFundMe started to remember 8-year-old girl who died in Kaysville parade
- The Great Salt Lake water level reaches a historic low as Utah continues to face extreme drought
- Father of girl who died in Kaysville parade is thankful for those who helped
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- Anonymous donor offers $50K to help find missing South Salt Lake man
- Manafort gets 47 months, judge cites mostly ‘blameless’ life
- Police: Gunman fired more than 70 rounds at July 4 parade, 7 dead
- Fire officials say aerial firework caused brush fire in Saratoga Springs
- Jerrod Baum sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole
- Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway makes big bets on Japan