West Valley City police investigating fatal stabbing
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah — A man was fatally stabbed in West Valley City on Thursday night. Police say that 19-year-old Trayvon Stephens was stabbed at an apartment complex at 4000 S. Redwood Road, the West Valley City Police Department said.
The victim in a fatal stabbing that occurred at 4000 S Redwood Road on 10/25 is 19yo Trayvon Stephens. We have very limited information. No arrests at this time. Suspect vehicle described as white passenger car, possibly newer model Toyota Camry. pic.twitter.com/RUkO8tYIqf
— WVC Police (@WVCPD) October 25, 2019
“Officers arrived fairly quickly and found a male who was suffering from a stab wound. They did render some aid, but the man was declared deceased,” according to Lt. Burke.
He says a call came in about 8:10 p.m. Thursday evening about an altercation, believed between at least two people. Burke says the altercation may have originated in some nearby apartments. He says at least one suspect was being sought late Thursday night. Police say that they still have very little information on the suspect but believe them to have fled driving a white passenger car that is possibly a newer Toyota Camry.
Today’s Top Stories
- 13 year old hospitalized after being run over in Bountiful
- Deputies say evidence pointing to likely homicide in case of Dylan Rounds
- ‘I guess we were meant to be there,’ says woman who saved driver from car fire
- FBI seeking information on whereabouts of serial bank robber
- Salt Lake City Police investigating shooting at Meadows Park
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Odd smell coming from North Salt Lake goes unidentified
- Salt Lake County DA discusses Biden’s pardon of marijuana possession
- House OKs Democrats’ bill blocking Trump emergency on wall
- BYU moves summer classes online