West Valley City police investigating fatal stabbing
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah — A man was fatally stabbed in West Valley City on Thursday night. Police say that 19-year-old Trayvon Stephens was stabbed at an apartment complex at 4000 S. Redwood Road, the West Valley City Police Department said.
The victim in a fatal stabbing that occurred at 4000 S Redwood Road on 10/25 is 19yo Trayvon Stephens. We have very limited information. No arrests at this time. Suspect vehicle described as white passenger car, possibly newer model Toyota Camry. pic.twitter.com/RUkO8tYIqf
— WVC Police (@WVCPD) October 25, 2019
“Officers arrived fairly quickly and found a male who was suffering from a stab wound. They did render some aid, but the man was declared deceased,” according to Lt. Burke.
He says a call came in about 8:10 p.m. Thursday evening about an altercation, believed between at least two people. Burke says the altercation may have originated in some nearby apartments. He says at least one suspect was being sought late Thursday night. Police say that they still have very little information on the suspect but believe them to have fled driving a white passenger car that is possibly a newer Toyota Camry.
Today’s Top Stories
- When it’s this cold, keep your pipes from freezing. Here’s how.
- The road home is in need of donations and volunteers this winter
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Weather causing delayed starts for several schools across Utah
- South Jordan could see new housing development
- Why is there an increase of wildlife in SLC neighborhoods?
- Monday morning’s cold temperatures nearly set new records
- Freezing weather causes delayed start for Cache County School District schools
- Five Common Causes of Cervical Cancer – and What You Can Do to Lower Your Risk