New poll shows Cox, Huntsman tied in governor race
A new poll among likely Republican primary voters shows a virtual tie between Lt. Governor Spencer Cox and former Utah Governor Jon Huntsman Jr.
Both men want to be the next governor of Utah.
The Dan Jones and Associates poll, obtained by Utah Policy, has Huntsman with 32% support and Cox with 28%. The margin of error is +/- 4 percent.
Greg Hughes, Jeff Burningham, Thomas Wright and Aimee Winder Newton each had single digit support.
Cox led Huntsman by 11 points in a November Utah Policy Y2 Analytics Poll. That poll surveyed registered Utah Republicans, which is a different group than likely primary voters.
In this new survey, Cox and Huntsman had high favorability ratings. But most surveyed either had not heard of or had no opinion about the other candidates.
Today’s Top Stories
- Provo Police looking for information about two cars in deadly hit-and-run
- Salt Lake County Sheriff’s Office being sued after former cadet reports abuse
- Downtown Ogden expansion project begins finalizing plans
- Snow expected to impact Wednesday evening commute
- Sundance Film Festival is seeking volunteers for 2023 event
- How to deal with and overcome seasonal depression
- Vivint Smart Home acquired for $2.8 billion by NRG Energy
- Expert joins Inside Sources on women accessing homeless resources
- Woman charged in February fatal car crash in West Valley City
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]