New poll shows Cox, Huntsman tied in governor race
A new poll among likely Republican primary voters shows a virtual tie between Lt. Governor Spencer Cox and former Utah Governor Jon Huntsman Jr.
Both men want to be the next governor of Utah.
The Dan Jones and Associates poll, obtained by Utah Policy, has Huntsman with 32% support and Cox with 28%. The margin of error is +/- 4 percent.
Greg Hughes, Jeff Burningham, Thomas Wright and Aimee Winder Newton each had single digit support.
Cox led Huntsman by 11 points in a November Utah Policy Y2 Analytics Poll. That poll surveyed registered Utah Republicans, which is a different group than likely primary voters.
In this new survey, Cox and Huntsman had high favorability ratings. But most surveyed either had not heard of or had no opinion about the other candidates.
Today’s Top Stories
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- Police have arrested a ‘person of interest’ after a mass shooting at July 4th…
- UPDATE: Shooting on TRAX platform leaves one dead, one injured
- Fire officials say aerial firework caused brush fire in Saratoga Springs
- Deuel Creek Fire starts in Centerville overnight, evacuation order lifted
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song
- Interactive map shows where fireworks are off-limits in Utah
- Moab police describe fight between woman — now missing — and boyfriend
- Former BYU professor charged with 5 more counts of forcible sexual abuse
- Campsite planning app offers new clues in case of missing woman Gabby Petito