BYU student complex reports a resident tested positive for COVID-19
SALT LAKE CITY — A resident of a Provo apartment complex that houses Brigham Young University students has tested positive for COVID-19 coronavirus.
The Daily Universe reported the resident lives at the Liberty on Freedom apartments.
A letter sent to the residents announced the positive test and that additional precautions will be taken to ensure the safety of other tenants.
Additionally, the apartment management has encouraged the tenants to take extra precautions to stay safe and healthy.
The resident that tested positive was likely exposed to the coronavirus while on a cruise that returned on March 9th.
Liberty on Freedom has shut down all facilities to combat the virus from spreading, but the shared laundry room remains open. The apartment managers have asked tenants to wash their hands before and after using the facility as a health precaution.
The management office of the apartment complex is closed to the public. However, if tenants have questions or concerns they can call, text, or email the office.
Management also addressed how requests for apartment maintenance will be handled. Only emergency maintenance requests will be handled at this time.
How To Prevent the Spread of COVID-19 Coronavirus
COVID-19 coronavirus is transmitted from person to person. It is a virus that is similar to the common cold and the flu. So, to prevent it from spreading:
- Wash hands frequently and thoroughly, with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds.
- Don’t touch your face.
- Keep children and those with compromised immune systems away from someone who is coughing or sneezing (in this instance, at least six feet)
- If there is an outbreak near you, practice social distancing (stay at home, instead of going to the movies, sports events, or other activities.)
- Get a flu shot.
Resources for more information:
State of Utah: https://coronavirus.utah.gov/
Utah Coronavirus Information Line – 1-800-456-7707
Today’s Top Stories
- Parts of I-15 closed in Davis County following police chase
- Utah County man pleads guilty to death of West Jordan teenager
- Be Ready Utah: What you need in your emergency winter car kit
- Genealogy research now tax deductible for members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Bingham High students build intricate gingerbread cathedral
- Church announces locations for six previously announced temples
- The DWR to update management of black bears
- Vail Resorts facing million dollar lawsuit after a Utah bowling alley incident
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Oath Keepers boss guilty of seditious conspiracy in 1/6 case