Renderings for planned designs for two new temples released
SALT LAKE CITY — Renderings for two new temples previously announced in 2019 by Church President Russell M. Nelson have been released by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
The Cobán Guatemala Temple will be built on a 5.4-acre site adjacent to 4a. Avenida 4-48 Zona 8, Barrio Bella Vista, in Cobán, Guatemala. The plans include a single-story temple of around 8,800 square feet, a meeting house, and temple patron housing.
The Okinawa Japan Temple will be located on a half-acre site at 7-11, Matsumoto, Okinawa Shi, in Okinawa-ken, Japan. this temple will be around 10,000 square feet and a temple patron waiting area will bee added to an existing meetinghouse adjacent to the temple.
According to the Church’s website detailed design plans are still being made and groundbreaking dates have not yet been set.
Today’s Top Stories
- Semifinalists for the new Utah flag design unveiled
- First grade teacher in Magna arrested on felony child sexual abuse charges
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- New fire breaks out on Y Mountain in Provo
- BYU student and youngest-ever Survivor contestant says he’s confident he will win
- Be on lookout for suspicious vehicle in Nephi
- Former U.S. Attorney for Utah talks about what FBI can take off your cellphone
- Home prices in Salt Lake City harbinger of a national trend?
- North Korea fires ballistic missile into waters off east coast of Korean peninsula
- Time Out on the Field