SALT LAKE CITY, Utah– The Unified Fire Authority have ordered evacuations for the Mt. Aire area due to the Parleys Fire.
The fire is estimated at 200 acres and growing rapidly. Eastbound I-80 is closed in both directions beginning at the mouth of the canyon to Parleys Summit.
An aircraft has been ordered and ground resources are being utilized, according to Unified Fire Authority. Ariel resources are making retardant drops in an attempt to contain the fire.
Those who are displaced by the Parley’s Fire can meet at Skyline High School on 3251 E. 3760 S. in Salt Lake City.
Officials ask that people please avoid the area to allow for fire resources to respond and evacuation traffic to exit safely.
This story is breaking and will be updated.
- Amber Alert issued for missing six-year-old child (pageviews: 4037)
- Amber Alert issued for missing six-year-old child | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 3481)
- Man arrested after two Latter-day Saint missionaries stabbed in Texas | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 1468)
- Neffs Fire still burning in Salt Lake County | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 1257)
- Coronavirus Tracker (pageviews: 1160)
- Body of a woman found in South Salt Lake Monday (pageviews: 853)
- (not set) (pageviews: 744)
- Neffs Fire still burning in Salt Lake County (pageviews: 740)