Parleys fire forces evacuation in the Mount Aire area
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah– The Unified Fire Authority have ordered evacuations for the Mt. Aire area due to the Parleys Fire.
The fire is estimated at 200 acres and growing rapidly. Eastbound I-80 is closed in both directions beginning at the mouth of the canyon to Parleys Summit.
An aircraft has been ordered and ground resources are being utilized, according to Unified Fire Authority. Ariel resources are making retardant drops in an attempt to contain the fire.
Those who are displaced by the Parley’s Fire can meet at Skyline High School on 3251 E. 3760 S. in Salt Lake City.
Officials ask that people please avoid the area to allow for fire resources to respond and evacuation traffic to exit safely.
This story is breaking and will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Body found in Arches National Park Saturday
- What differentiates BYU’s MBA program from other MBA programs
- Fatal car crash closes southbound I-15 in Washington County
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announces the construction of 18 new temples
- Pickup truck crash leaves two dead
- Suspect in 2015 murder of West Valley City woman arrested
- Rubio vows to oppose potential Hurricane Ian aid package if lawmakers ‘load it up with…
- Nations largest pig farm exposed, two face criminal charges
- Sacheen Littlefeather, Native American activist and actress, dead at 75