Juvenile sent to hospital in serious condition after officer involved shooting
Sep 5, 2020, 8:48 AM
Salt Lake City –Police say a juvenile having a violent psychological episode was transported to the hospital in serious condition after an officer involved shooting that occurred just after 10 p.m. Friday night.
Police responded to the area of 550 S Navajo St. for a violent psychological issue involving a juvenile male who made threats with a weapon.
SLCPD Sargent Keith Horrocks said, “in this case, it was a juvenile who was having a mental episode, a psychological episode, and had made threats to some folks with a weapon.”
The juvenile reportedly fled from officers. Officers pursued the juvenile and at some point, an officer discharged his gun.
The officer who was involved in the incident is now on leave and the WVCPD is investigating the situation.
Anyone with eyewitness accounts, doorbell footage, etc. are encouraged to contact SLCPD.
Today’s Top Stories
- Delta pilots picketing in Salt Lake City and across the country
- CDC confirms five monkeypox cases in Utah
- Husband of Bluffdale mayor faces charges threatening city councilman
- Two people are in critical condition following two-vehicle car crash
- Supreme Court says Biden can end Trump-era ‘Remain in Mexico’ immigration policy
- Utah health officials confirm three cases of rabies in bats
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash
- Garfield County cold case homicide is brought to a close
- Supreme Court widens state power over tribes. What does it mean for Utah?
- SLCPD shuts down area near 700 East following fight at yoga studio