Juvenile sent to hospital in serious condition after officer involved shooting
Sep 5, 2020, 8:48 AM
Salt Lake City –Police say a juvenile having a violent psychological episode was transported to the hospital in serious condition after an officer involved shooting that occurred just after 10 p.m. Friday night.
Police responded to the area of 550 S Navajo St. for a violent psychological issue involving a juvenile male who made threats with a weapon.
SLCPD Sargent Keith Horrocks said, “in this case, it was a juvenile who was having a mental episode, a psychological episode, and had made threats to some folks with a weapon.”
The juvenile reportedly fled from officers. Officers pursued the juvenile and at some point, an officer discharged his gun.
The officer who was involved in the incident is now on leave and the WVCPD is investigating the situation.
Anyone with eyewitness accounts, doorbell footage, etc. are encouraged to contact SLCPD.
Today’s Top Stories
- Schools, commute delayed by early morning lake effect snow
- Vail Resorts facing million dollar lawsuit after a Utah bowling alley incident
- Church announces locations for six previously announced temples
- Tracking snowplows in SLC
- Snow storm brings highly dangerous avalanche conditions
- State intends to appeal vacated death sentence of Utah man
- Pence says Trump was ‘wrong’ for dinner with Holocaust denier
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Native tribes of Utah are given their chance to offer historical perspectives on museum artifacts
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success