SALT LAKE CITY, Utah — Six weeks after the first flight took off from the new Salt Lake City International Airport, another concourse is adding 21 additional gates.
Early Tuesday morning, Concourse B officially opened to the public. It will house Alaska, American, Frontier, JetBlue, Southwest, United and some Delta gates.
— Felicia Martinez (@FeliciaKSL) October 27, 2020
Concourse B will have additional concessions, including three new restaurants (Gourmandise: Euro Diner and Bakery, Uinta Brewing Company, Wasatch Brew Pub) and five new shops (@ease, InMotion, Liberty Park Market, Hip & Humble, Maverik, The Salt Lake Tribune).
First flight out
— Derek Petersen (@Derek_Photog) October 27, 2020
Southwest Airlines will be the second-largest carrier at Salt Lake City International Airport with around 17 daily flights to 12 destinations.
Good morning from @slcairport! ✈️Today is the grand opening of Concourse B, which has 20 gates and serves a number of airlines. @SouthwestAir will be the second largest carrier at SLC International with around 17 daily flights to 12 destinations. pic.twitter.com/BCcznmm5Ya
— John Wojcik (@JWojcikKSL) October 27, 2020
“One of the things about this region is it’s such a high leisure and outdoor activity market,” explained Steve Sisneros, managing director of Airport Affairs with Southwest Airlines. “What we’re finding, is that many people are looking for those options to get out and do something.”
With Phase I of the new Salt Lake City Airport complete, demolition is already underway on the old airport to begin building the next phase.
Phase II will include building out Concourse A to the east and construction of a permanent tunnel to transport passengers between concourses A and B. This is expected to be completed by late 2024.
Today’s Top Stories
- Instagram user says she saw Petito and Laundrie in Wyoming restaurant
- Arches ranger remembers warning Gabby Petito about toxic relationship
- The search for Brian Laundrie, Gabby Petito’s fiancé, resumes today in the Carlton…
- 911 call that prompted interaction with Gabby Petito released
- Law enforcement expert worries Moab’s investigation into Petito incident may be too narrow
- Florida sheriff said man seen on trail camera is not Brian Laundrie
- Boyfriend of slain Gabby Petito charged with bank card fraud
- FBI: Remains found in Wyoming belong to Gabby Petito
- Utah National Guard soldier dies in training exercises in Kentucky
- Campsite planning app offers new clues in case of missing woman Gabby Petito