SALT LAKE CITY, Utah — Six weeks after the first flight took off from the new Salt Lake City International Airport, another concourse is adding 21 additional gates.
Early Tuesday morning, Concourse B officially opened to the public. It will house Alaska, American, Frontier, JetBlue, Southwest, United and some Delta gates.
— Felicia Martinez (@FeliciaKSL) October 27, 2020
Concourse B will have additional concessions, including three new restaurants (Gourmandise: Euro Diner and Bakery, Uinta Brewing Company, Wasatch Brew Pub) and five new shops (@ease, InMotion, Liberty Park Market, Hip & Humble, Maverik, The Salt Lake Tribune).
First flight out
— Derek Petersen (@Derek_Photog) October 27, 2020
Southwest Airlines will be the second-largest carrier at Salt Lake City International Airport with around 17 daily flights to 12 destinations.
Good morning from @slcairport! ✈️Today is the grand opening of Concourse B, which has 20 gates and serves a number of airlines. @SouthwestAir will be the second largest carrier at SLC International with around 17 daily flights to 12 destinations. pic.twitter.com/BCcznmm5Ya
— John Wojcik (@JWojcikKSL) October 27, 2020
“One of the things about this region is it’s such a high leisure and outdoor activity market,” explained Steve Sisneros, managing director of Airport Affairs with Southwest Airlines. “What we’re finding, is that many people are looking for those options to get out and do something.”
With Phase I of the new Salt Lake City Airport complete, demolition is already underway on the old airport to begin building the next phase.
Phase II will include building out Concourse A to the east and construction of a permanent tunnel to transport passengers between concourses A and B. This is expected to be completed by late 2024.
- Utah lifts gathering restrictions on private property, switches back to “transmission index” – KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 14286)
- Utah lifts gathering restrictions on private property, switches back to "transmission index" (pageviews: 8983)
- Two missing teens from Taylorsville last seen in SLC – KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 4442)
- Ogden Police Department confirms shots fired Wednesday night – KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 1099)
- US agency ascertains Biden as winner, lets transiton begin (pageviews: 903)
- Developers roll out new COVID-19 test that also detects influenza and RSV (pageviews: 807)
- Two missing teens from Taylorsville last seen in SLC (pageviews: 804)
- The mystery of the Utah monolith found in the desert – KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 762)