Weber County releases video of fatal officer-involved shooting in Huntsville
Weber Area Dispatch received a 911 call that Friday night from a woman who said she could see an armed man trying to break into a trailer parked in front of her home.
The video provides a look into what happened when officers arrived. After calling for the man to come out with his hands up, the man began running toward them from behind the trailer. He then fired several shots in the direction of the deputies.
At that point, the deputies from the Weber County Sheriff’s office as well as a Morgan County deputy responded with gunfire.
An initial document provided by Weber County indicated that the man who had been shot received medical assistance, but he later died of his injuries.
Weber County officials say the investigation is ongoing and that at this time, no conclusions have been drawn regarding whether the officers acted consistently with their internal policy or with the law.
They say that the video is being released at this time to help the media and the public come to a better understanding of what happened that night.
The Weber County deputy reportedly remains on administrative leave pending the results of the investigation.
Today’s Top Stories
- Sugar House locals worry 2100 South poses threat to safety and business
- Former American Fork soccer coach arrested on charges of child sexual abuse
- Suspect in Wednesday’s I-15 shooting is named, booked into jail
- Confrontation with bicyclist sends UTA bus driver to hospital
- Hidden cameras found in restrooms in U of U Student Life Center, suspect in custody
- Semi rollover on Legacy Highway reduces traffic to one lane
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- Storm bringing wind and snow to northern Utah
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Man arrested in relation to Provo Towne Center Mall bomb threat