Weber County releases video of fatal officer-involved shooting in Huntsville
Weber Area Dispatch received a 911 call that Friday night from a woman who said she could see an armed man trying to break into a trailer parked in front of her home.
The video provides a look into what happened when officers arrived. After calling for the man to come out with his hands up, the man began running toward them from behind the trailer. He then fired several shots in the direction of the deputies.
At that point, the deputies from the Weber County Sheriff’s office as well as a Morgan County deputy responded with gunfire.
An initial document provided by Weber County indicated that the man who had been shot received medical assistance, but he later died of his injuries.
Weber County officials say the investigation is ongoing and that at this time, no conclusions have been drawn regarding whether the officers acted consistently with their internal policy or with the law.
They say that the video is being released at this time to help the media and the public come to a better understanding of what happened that night.
The Weber County deputy reportedly remains on administrative leave pending the results of the investigation.
Today’s Top Stories
- Father of girl who died in Kaysville parade is thankful for those who helped
- Those who practice intermittent fasting less likely to have severe COVID complications,…
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- GoFundMe started to remember 8-year-old girl who died in Kaysville parade
- UDOT to temporarily close Cottonwood Heights I-215 bridge for restoration
- The Great Salt Lake water level reaches a historic low as Utah continues to face extreme drought
- Missing girls from South Jordan found near San Diego
- Family of Zane James speaks out after settlement reached with Cottonwood Heights
- UDOT makes changes to traffic study after feedback
- Anonymous man pays 12-person dinner bill at Bandit’s Grill and Bar