Church leaders Congratulate Joe Biden and Kamala Harris
SALT LAKE CITY — Leaders of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints issued a congratulatory statement to President-elect Joe Biden on Monday.
“We congratulate President-elect Joe Biden on his election as President of the United States. We also congratulate Vice President-elect Kamala Harris,” they said in the statement.
“We invite people everywhere, whatever their political views, to join us in praying for this new administration and for leaders of nations around the world.”
The statement from Church leadership comes after the official count by the U.S. Electoral College on Monday, giving President-elect Biden more than the 270-electoral-votes needed to affirm his presidential victory.
“We thank President Donald Trump and Vice President Michael Pence,” the leaders continued, “for their public service and wish them and their families well in their future endeavors.”
They concluded their statement by saying, “May our local, national, and world leaders be blessed with wisdom and judgment as they fulfill the great trust afforded to them by the people of the world.”
Today’s Top Stories
- 12-year-old girl in critical condition after getting hit by parade car in Kaysville
- Manhunt underway for gunman after mass shooting at July 4th parade in Highland Park, Illinois
- Deuel Creek Fire starts in Centerville overnight, evacuation order lifted
- Silver alert activated in American Fork, missing possibly in Wendover
- UPDATE: Shooting on TRAX platform leaves one dead, one injured
- Fire officials say aerial firework caused brush fire in Saratoga Springs
- Layton City is under extreme firework restrictions
- Man dies during performance at Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show
- Several people killed in Copenhagen mall shooting, police say
- UPDATE: SLCPD arrest two in connection to Sunday night’s shooting