Church leaders Congratulate Joe Biden and Kamala Harris
SALT LAKE CITY — Leaders of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints issued a congratulatory statement to President-elect Joe Biden on Monday.
“We congratulate President-elect Joe Biden on his election as President of the United States. We also congratulate Vice President-elect Kamala Harris,” they said in the statement.
“We invite people everywhere, whatever their political views, to join us in praying for this new administration and for leaders of nations around the world.”
The statement from Church leadership comes after the official count by the U.S. Electoral College on Monday, giving President-elect Biden more than the 270-electoral-votes needed to affirm his presidential victory.
“We thank President Donald Trump and Vice President Michael Pence,” the leaders continued, “for their public service and wish them and their families well in their future endeavors.”
They concluded their statement by saying, “May our local, national, and world leaders be blessed with wisdom and judgment as they fulfill the great trust afforded to them by the people of the world.”
Today’s Top Stories
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Frontier Airlines no longer has a customer service phone line
- Six new Latter-day Saint missions to launch in 2023
- Man crashes into Ogden Taco Bell drive-thru window
- Trash can on fire at home in the Cottonwoods, safely extinguished
- Crash on I-15 in Draper leaves one dead
- Church of Jesus Christ announces hack affecting community members’ personal data
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- Fugitive taken into custody following SWAT stand-off in Taylorsville
- Clearfield Police identify victims in Wednesday’s double homicide