Twitter bans President Trump permanently
(CNN) — Twitter has suspended President Donald Trump from its platform, the company said Friday evening.
“After close review of recent Tweets from the @realDonaldTrump account and the context around them we have permanently suspended the account due to the risk of further incitement of violence,” Twitter said.
“In the context of horrific events this week, we made it clear on Wednesday that additional violations of the Twitter Rules would potentially result in this very course of action.”
This story is developing and will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- SLC restaurant “Manoli’s” nominated for James Beard Award
- Utah leading a lawsuit against new ESG rule affecting 401(k) plans
- Engineer who refused to approve Challenger launch dies in Ogden
- Jordan High student killed in Sandy crosswalk by school bus
- Three vehicle crash in Sanpete County leaves one dead
- Two Republicans voted against bill banning transgender-related surgery, here’s why
- Salt Lake City traffic stop leads to drug bust, illegal gun recovered
- More protests today after release of video depicting the deadly police beating of Tyre Nichols