Twitter bans President Trump permanently
(CNN) — Twitter has suspended President Donald Trump from its platform, the company said Friday evening.
“After close review of recent Tweets from the @realDonaldTrump account and the context around them we have permanently suspended the account due to the risk of further incitement of violence,” Twitter said.
“In the context of horrific events this week, we made it clear on Wednesday that additional violations of the Twitter Rules would potentially result in this very course of action.”
This story is developing and will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Hurricane Ian weakens to Category 3 after making landfall in Florida, but officials warn the…
- Severe thunderstorm warning issued for Davis and Weber counties
- Researchers using dirty diapers to develop new autism test
- Former KSL NewsRadio talk show host in the path of Hurricane Ian
- UTA makes service reductions following staffing shortages
- Coronavirus Prevention
- Controversial homecoming dress code ends in protest
- What can the Layton dog bite teach us about free speech?
- So. Salt Lake Police identify victim in officer-involved shooting