Weather forces some COVID testing/vaccination sites to close
SALT LAKE CITY — Winter weather has forced several vaccination and rapid testing sites across the Wasatch Front to close.
The Utah Department of Health says the rapid COVID testing sites at the Maverik Center in Salt Lake and at the Freeport Center in Clearfield will be closed on Wednesday because of the weather.
The testing site at the Cannon Health Building in Salt Lake City won’t open until 11. The site in Richfield opens at nine.
The winter weather has also caused the Salt Lake County Health Department to reschedule all COVID-19 vaccine appointments on Wednesday due to the winter weather. The agency says appointments at the Mountain America Expo Center, Maverik Center Overflow Parking Lot and Salt Palace will be moved to this Sunday, February 21st at the same time and location.
Due to the winter storm forecast for tomorrow, Wed., Feb. 17, all COVID vaccine appointments scheduled for tomorrow at all SLCoHD vaccine sites have been moved to SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 21, at the SAME TIME and LOCATION. pic.twitter.com/7JOqNLTQdO
— Salt Lake Health (@SaltLakeHealth) February 17, 2021
Nicolas Rupp, a spokesman for Department, said emails and texts were sent to everyone who had an appointment scheduled for today.
How To Prevent the Spread of COVID-19 Coronavirus
COVID-19 coronaviruses transmitted from person to person. It is a virus that is similar to the common cold and the flu. So, to prevent it from spreading:
- Wash hands frequently and thoroughly, with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds.
- Wear a mask.
- Don’t touch your face.
- Keep children and those with compromised immune systems away from someone who is coughing or sneezing (in this instance, at least six feet)
- If there is an outbreak near you, practice social distancing (stay at home, instead of going to the movies, sports events, or other activities.)
- Get a flu shot.
Utah Coronavirus Information Line – 1-800-456-7707
Today’s Top Stories
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Researchers using dirty diapers to develop new autism test
- Hurricane Ian weakens to Category 3 after making landfall in Florida, but officials warn the…
- Severe thunderstorm warning issued for Davis and Weber counties
- Former KSL NewsRadio talk show host in the path of Hurricane Ian
- Coronavirus Prevention
- What can the Layton dog bite teach us about free speech?
- Controversial homecoming dress code ends in protest
- So. Salt Lake Police identify victim in officer-involved shooting
- BYU study sees no advantage for either party in mail-in voting