Salt Lake City school board announces new superintendent
SALT LAKE CITY — The Salt Lake City School District Board of Education announced a new superintendent Tuesday evening.
SLCSD board members unanimously voted to appoint Timothy Gadson, Ph.D., as the incoming superintendent for the Salt Lake City School District.
Pending contract negotiations, Gadson will begin his superintendency on July 1, 2021.
Gadson is currently Associate Superintendent of High Schools with Anoka-Hennepin Schools in Anoka, Minnesota.
He received his bachelor’s degree in Business Economics and Secondary Education from Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University in Tallahassee, Florida and his master’s and doctorate degrees from Washington State University in Pullman, Washington.
Gadson has served as an assistant principal and principal at various levels, including elementary school, middle school, high school, and alternative education in Broward County and Palm Beach County. He was also District Director of Secondary Education while employed with Palm Beach County School District. Gadson led reform and transformation efforts at several high schools in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and as Chief Transformation Officer with a private transformation firm from 2010 – 2012.
He supervised high school operations for the Austin Independent School District in Austin, Texas, served as Associate Superintendent with Atlanta Public Schools, and was Executive Director of Curriculum and Schools with Robbinsdale Area Schools in New Hope, Minnesota.
He says he believes that all children can learn and will learn when the curricular content and instructional delivery are both of quality and are culturally relevant and responsive.
Today’s Top Stories
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- Police have arrested a ‘person of interest’ after a mass shooting at July 4th…
- July 4 parade shooting leaves 6 dead, 30 hurt; man detained
- Highland Drive closed in Holladay after fatal crash involving Coke truck
- Fire officials say aerial firework caused brush fire in Saratoga Springs
- UPDATE: Shooting on TRAX platform leaves one dead, one injured
- Deuel Creek Fire starts in Centerville overnight, evacuation order lifted
- Former BYU professor charged with 5 more counts of forcible sexual abuse
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song
- Semi-truck rolls on I-80 at U.S.-40, Silver Creek Junction