Box truck containing thousands in prescription meds stolen near U of U; suspect now in custody
SALT LAKE CITY — Police with the University of Utah (U of U) says it has a suspect in custody in connection to an unmarked yellow box truck which they say was stolen Saturday morning.
It was taken from the parking lot of the Huntsman Mental Health Institute, near the University of Utah campus at 501 Chipeta Drive in Salt Lake City.
When stolen, the truck bore Utah license plate G097EZ. It is a yellow 2017 GM Savanna.
In a statement, University of Utah police said the truck contains 11 totes of medications. The totes are blue or dark grey and contain nearly $80,000 in prescription medications.
U of U police said they know who stole the truck, and identified a suspect as Henry Ricky Sepulveda. Sepulveda is 5’4″ tall and weighs 160 pounds. Police say he was last seen wearing a puffy black coat, green shirt, black pants, and a yellow or tan beanie.
Just before 9 PM Saturday night University of Utah police confirmed the suspect was in custody.
Today’s Top Stories
- Boy dies after falling from slide at Rose Springs Elementary School
- Man’s arm partially amputated by farm equipment Tuesday afternoon
- Brigham City Police seeking help in locating missing teenager
- Utah delegation’s reaction to Biden’s State of the Union Address
- New photo of Gabby Petito raises questions
- GoFundMe created for passing of two employees at Northrop Grumman
- Looking for a New Winter Activity? Try Skijoring in Bear Lake
- Utah snowpack at a 10-year-high
- Ogden Police looking for driver that hit a crossing guard
- House Speaker Wilson expresses disappointment in Biden’s State of the Union Address