Three University of Utah Gymnasts vying for bids on Team USA this weekend
ST. LOUIS, MO –The USA Gymnastics Team heading to Tokyo for the summer Olympics in July could have some gymnasts from the University of Utah join it when this weekend is over.
University of Utah gynmasts Grace Mcallum, Kara Eaker, and MyKayla Skinner are competing Friday and Sunday night along with 15 other gymnasts, for two automatic bids on to Team USA at this weekend’s Olympic trials at The Dome at America’s Center in St. Louis.
Skinner was an alternate on Team USA back in 2016.
“I’m feeling really, really good.” Skinner told the media a the Trials earlier this week.
“I’m just super excited to be here, and I’m just ready for my last Olympic trials, this has been such a journey and I’m excited to go out there one last time,” she said.
The top two all around scores make the team.
McCallum and Eaker are making their debut at the Trials.
The final stop on the 𝙍𝙤𝙖𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙏𝙤𝙠𝙮𝙤 for our Red Rock Trio will take place this weekend at the Olympic Team Trials in St. Louis! 🙌🏽
— Utah Gymnastics (@UtahGymnastics) June 23, 2021
According to Utah Gymnastics, the trials will air on KSL 5 TV Channel 5 starting Friday at 6:00 PM and Sunday at 6:30 PM.
“Friday’s first day of competition for the women will begin at 5:30 p.m. MT, while the final day of action on Sunday will begin at 6 p.m. MT. Friday’s competition will air on the Olympic Channel from 5:30 p.m. MT-6 p.m. MT and will shift to NBC for the remainder of the event.
The final day will be televised in the same format, beginning Sunday on the Olympic Channel at 6 p.m. MT and then moving to NBC at 6:30 p.m. MT.
Main feeds and apparatus feeds will also be streamed on NBCOlympics.com.”
Today’s Top Stories
- Boy dies after falling from slide at Rose Springs Elementary School
- Man’s arm partially amputated by farm equipment Tuesday afternoon
- Brigham City Police seeking help in locating missing teenager
- Utah delegation’s reaction to Biden’s State of the Union Address
- New photo of Gabby Petito raises questions
- GoFundMe created for passing of two employees at Northrop Grumman
- Looking for a New Winter Activity? Try Skijoring in Bear Lake
- Utah snowpack at a 10-year-high
- Ogden Police looking for driver that hit a crossing guard
- Utah Corrections offers more details on recent assaults against officers