3 University of Utah gymnasts heading to Tokyo
SALT LAKE CITY — The University of Utah gymnastics program will be well represented with three gymnasts at next month’s Summer Olympics in Tokyo.
Incoming freshmen Grace McCallum and McKayla Skinner have made the Olympic team. Kara Eaker will also join them in Tokyo as an alternate.
This year, countries will field four-team squads. Additionally, two gymnasts will perform as individuals. Skinner will participate as an individual, while McCallum is part of the four-team that includes Simone Biles, Jordan Chiles and Suni Lee.
The Olympics are set to begin July 23 and will run through Aug. 8.
Today’s Top Stories
- Bountiful woman arrested after allegedly stealing $6,000 from patient
- Salt Lake City Police cancel Amber alert for 11-year-old girl
- State elections leaders dismiss state lawmakers claims of vote switching
- UDOT seeks public feedback on future of Bangerter Highway
- Utah primary election: Acceptable ID to bring for in-person voting
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- Lawmaker seeks to remove felony statute from Utah’s abortion trigger law
- Jan. 6 panel calls surprise hearing to present new evidence
- AP sources: At least 40 people found dead in back of tractor trailer
- The newest, weirdest summer treat is a ketchup-flavored popsicle