MOVIE SHOW REVIEW: Space Jam: A New Legacy not worth the wait
SALT LAKE CITY — This week’s big movie is a follow-up 25 years in the making. Was Space Jam: A New Legacy worth the wait?
The much awaited Space Jam: A New Legacy debuts in theaters Friday, July 16 and stars Lakers superstar Lebron James in his first major on-screen role. Warner Brothers spared no nostalgia in bringing to life its cast of looney cartoon favorites, going head to head with live-action stars in a loose sequel to the popular 1996 original.
Doug & Steve: Space Jam too long, not great
“I wish I liked this movie more,” Doug Wright said on the KSL Movie Show Friday, “but I found myself waiting for it to end.”
“A young kid in the row behind me at the theater kept asking her mom if the movie was done. That’s never a good sign.”
The guys agreed on a solid C grade, saying some kids will enjoy the cartoon appearances and action sequences.
Space Jam: A New Legacy opens nationally Friday, July 16 in theaters and is rated PG. Viewers can also stream it on HBO Max.
Doug Wright & Steve Salles host “The Movie Show” on KSL NewsRadio every Friday from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. Listen live or check out the podcast version below.
- MOVIE SHOW REVIEW: Black Widow a near-perfect action film
- LeBron James morphs into Looney Tunes character in sequel to 90s hit
Today’s Top Stories
- After celebrity death to colon cancer, Utah doctor weighs in on colonoscopy
- Two Utah experts talk about prisoner swap for WNBA player Brittney Griner
- Families of Hunter High shooting victims unhappy with plea deal
- Update: Some I-15 lanes reopen after hazmat spill in Bluffdale
- Downtown Ogden expansion project begins finalizing plans
- Provo Police looking for information about two cars in deadly hit-and-run
- West Jordan Elementary School is closing its gates after 40 years
- Sundance Film Festival is seeking volunteers for 2023 event
- Members of the council explain the Salt Lake County library tax
- Multiple factors combined to stop NB-15 traffic overnight, lanes back open