SALT LAKE CITY — The Salt Lake City Metro Gang Unit arrested a parole fugitive after a brief chase Thursday evening.
Tristan Harper, 25, was wanted on a robbery warrant. He was spotted in the area of 1700 South and 700 West when the chase began.
Authorities performed a cold spike on his car, but Harper fled. His car became disabled in the area of Redwood Road and California Avenue.
Harper then fled on foot and jumped into the Jordan River in an effort to escape from authorities.
Once Harper got out of the water, a K-9 officer took him into custody.
Harper’s mother was the only other person in the car with him.
Today’s Top Stories
- Crew member yelled ‘cold gun’ as he handed Alec Baldwin prop weapon, court…
- Tom Little – Lakeview Elementary School
- Comcast outage from Bountiful to Ogden
- Driver injured in West Valley City single-car rollover
- Pair of incidents Thursday in Grand County kept authorities busy
- Elder David A. Bednar makes a ministry stop in Jordan
- Teen disappears after boat capsized
- 10 famous Utah ghost towns and where to find them
- Director of photography killed, movie director injured after Alec Baldwin discharged prop…
- BYU beats Washington State in 1st game since Rolovich fired